Friday, August 2, 2019

Fundamentals of Power Electronics - Buck Converter Basics

Here, we introduce the buck converter topology and it's two switching operation modes. We derive the relationship between the input voltage, average output voltage, and active switch duty ratio. I recommend to explain the basic operation including current direction flows in a simple explanation of buck converters, first, before explaining formulas.

If the input voltage is variable but the output voltage is desired to be a constant lower value can a controller be setup to control the duty cycle of that switch to hold the output voltage at the desired level? your diagram shows the inductor after the MOSFET, but other discussions on buck converters indicate the inductor prior to the MOSFET. I wonder what your thoughts are on this difference? When referring to iL I presume that you are talking about only the ripple current through the inductor and not load current as well Holy crap thanks for this video! None of the other SMPS videos I could find actually bothered to explain the theory behind how these work at a basic level. This was super helpful and I'm assuming the boost converter video will be equally edifying. So I want to use a buck converter to regulate a DC TV. Every-time a load is added it disturbs the TV. I am not considering a linear regulator as they are inefficient. I have the following questions: 1. Is Vo almost constant since Vo == Vc? 2. Are buck converters suitable for regulating sensitive electronics like TV's and computers?

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone , here’s your opportunity for you to achieve your dreams of being a multi million dollar rich through trading , I once loss all I got through trading but was fortunate to come across a woman with great virtue and selfless heart (Mary ) i was introduce to her masterclass strategy while searching online which has revived me of all my losses and made me gain more and more . With her unique strategy you are entitled to daily signals and instant withdraw ,be rest assured of getting a refund of all your loss investment with any platform that has denied you in one way or the other in getting your money . Mrs Mary masterclass strategy is simply the best for beginners and those that are finding it difficult to succeed through trading she’ll help you with just a simple step . Email her ( maryshea03 @ Gmail .com) WhatsApp +1 562 384 7738 . Remember this is absolutely free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone , here’s your opportunity for you to achieve your dreams of being a multi million dollar rich through trading , I once loss all I got through trading but was fortunate to come across a woman with great virtue and selfless heart (Mary ) i was introduce to her masterclass strategy while searching online which has revived me of all my losses and made me gain more and more . With her unique strategy you are entitled to daily signals and instant withdraw ,be rest assured of getting a refund of all your loss investment with any platform that has denied you in one way or the other in getting your money . Mrs Mary masterclass strategy is simply the best for beginners and those that are finding it difficult to succeed through trading she’ll help you with just a simple step . Email her ( maryshea03 @ Gmail .com) WhatsApp +1 562 384 7738 . Remember this is absolutely free!!!

    ReplyDelete

តោះស្រីៗយើង នរណាខ្លះមិនធ្លាប់ឡើងភ្នំហើយមានគម្រោងឡើងភ្នំ

តោះស្រីៗយើង នរណាខ្លះមិនធ្លាប់ឡើងភ្នំហើយមានគម្រោងឡើងភ្នំ។ ទាំងនេះជាការចែករំលែកបទពិសោធន៍ លើកទី១ឡើងភ្នំ(ភ្នំខ្នងផ្សា) ទី១. ដើម្បីឆាប់បានទៅដល់ន...